Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-07-08 17:15:40
On 2008-07-09 07:08, Dave Crocker wrote:
   Small point of confusion: I thought the RFC document series was
managed with some independence of the IETF.  As such, I'm not clear how
the IETF (nevermind the IESG) can set the rules for RFC format and style.

I view the id-checklist as a gating factor for IESG review, not as
instructions to the RFC Editor. Of course it should be consistent
with the RFC Editor's practice, as a matter of common sense. The
introduction should make this clear, perhaps.

   Brian