Fw: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist (resend)

2008-08-09 14:18:01
Oops, used wrong from address

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bert Wijnen" hfam(_dot_)wijnen(_at_)xxxx
To: "Pete Resnick" <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: <iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

Pete,

I am not sure how this helps.
I thought that ID authors/editors DO know what MUST/SHOULD means.
If not, then as far as I am concerned, we can change the capitalized words
into lower case. The front of the document shows (into with notes) clearly
waht the intent is. And is states that ADs will not accept a request
for publication and will not put it on the IESG agenda.

Is that not clear enough?

See also my response to Klensin and Crocker about the intent of the
document.

That said, if Russ agrees, I can certainly add more boilerplate text as
you suggest below. I doubt it will make the document any more useful.

Bert
Editor of ID_Checklist

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Resnick" <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>