Fw: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist (resend)

2008-08-09 13:51:17
Oops, used wrong from address

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bert Wijnen" <hfam(_dot_)wijnen(_at_)xxxxx>
To: "Pete Resnick" <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: <iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

Pete....

Again, this was included in the ID-Checklist, because many many
documents did use ABNF without a citation/reference.

As stated before: the ID-Checklist does not (intend) to introduce
any new requirements that were/are not documented elsewhere in our
approved procedures/documents. So in that light, the ID-Checklist
might as well be abolished. Practice/experience has however shown that many authors/editors of I-Ds do not follow our procedures very
well (not a big surprise, it is not easy to find them all) and so the
ID-Checklist tries to help them have the pointers in one place.

Bert
Editor of the ID-Checklist

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Resnick" <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>