Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-08-09 08:44:13
I have started to updatre the document based on feedback.

My approach is to clearly make those changes that are straight forward,
simple end editorial.
For other changes, I need to hear (I guess from Russ) that there
is consensus to make such a change.

It may take a little more time before I have checked and evaluated
all comments.

Inline
----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-ChecklistIETF Chair wrote:
http://www.ietf.org/Draft-ID-Checklist.html

Nits: (1) Archive older versions in a plain text format as for I-Ds (for use with various IETF tools working on I-Ds)

I can generate I-Ds if that helps. I can even submit those.
Russ, do you want me to do that?

(2) s/2434/5226/ (3) s/2780/2780 + 5237/

above 2 are done in my new copy

(4) I-D.bellovin expired months ago with three DISCUSSes, please resolve that by time-out ABSTAINs (or similar)

There is a new rev dated Aug 03 2008.
That will now get picked up by the xml2rfc tool.
I will not comment on the time-out on ABSTAINs, that is an IESG
issue, not one that relates to teh ID-Checklist document.

(5) s/4181/4181 + 4841/ (6) s/4234/5234/

The above 2 have been updated in new copy

(7) Please add RFC 5137 (BCP 137) to section 4 as item 5

I do not feel confident to add that unless Russ tells me that this is
consensus and should be added.

(8) I-D.2223bis expired 3.5 years ago, and is flagged as DEAD since May 2008

I know. I have communicated with Russ and RFC-Editor about this.
We will replace it with a reference to http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/rfc-style-manual-08.txt

Bert
Editor of ID-Checklist

Frank