Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-08-11 10:48:33
At 11:52 AM 8/9/2008, Bert Wijnen \(IETF\) wrote:
I think that both of you (and some others) arwe looking at the ID_Checklist
too much as if it is part of our (rigid) process. Our processes aredescribed
in formally approved BCP documents.

[snip]

Pls do not consider this ID-Checklist as part of our BCP approved process
documents. That is not the intention of it and I think it would be bad to
try and make it part of our set of BCPs that describe our (IETF) process.

The IESG pointed to the ID-Checklist in its response to an appeal. If the intention is not to have the ID-Checklist as part of the approved process documents, it shouldn't be used as a formally approved document.

Regards,
-sm