Re: Last Call for Comments on " Legal Provisions Related to IETF Documents"

2008-08-12 16:06:16
At 9:33 AM +1200 8/13/08, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
How about adding some weasel words, or even simply making the
attribution requirement a "should"? I think it's perfectly reasonable
to ask for attribution when possible, so any form of words that
doesn't "break" the BSD license in a narrow legalistic sense
would do fine for me.

It's not like we're asking for much:

# This code was derived from IETF RFC XXXX. Please retain this comment if possible.

I would prefer a request to weasel words because it would be clearer.

  Please give attribution of the source of the code in the code itself,
  such as "This code was derived from IETF RFC XXXX".

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium