addition of IPR FIlings Link on WG Web Pages

2008-08-27 13:56:04
Folks - I want to suggest that IPR notices need to be tied to WG's whether
we like it or not. The fact that we allow them obligates us to pay attention
to them, and as part of that includes I believe that we put a link on the
existing WG Webpages documenting any and all IPR filings against that WG's
activities or publications.

Without this the existing IPR process is convoluted and too cumbersome to
make really work. This is a system which we claim 'it is the responsibility
of the relying party to do the research' but if we make it difficult to do
that then we become part of the problem.

That said a simple hyperlink on the WG Pages to those IPR Notices which
would impact them, seems to be an easy fix here.

---
Personal Disclaimers Apply

TS Glassey