Re: Publishing RFCs in PDF Formal

2008-08-27 12:18:09
Keith Moore wrote:
Julian Reschke wrote:
data URIs are available in 3 out of 4 major browsers, with IE8 adding
them as well.

I thought IE8 had some fairly annoying limitations on their use?

Potentially. I didn't try.

I'm not saying [X]HTML RFCs are an inherently bad idea, just that
they're not as simple to get right as it might seem.
That's true, but I would expect *less* discussions as compared to just
using PDF (for everything).

IMHO, the only thing PDF has going for it is that (sadly) it's easier to
print PDF correctly on most computers than it is to print plain text.

The HTMLized RFC versions on http://tools.ietf.org/html print well from
browsers (as they have the necessary CSS-for-print stuff mixed in).

BR, Julian