Re: Publication track for IBE documents (Was Second Last Call...)

2008-10-22 10:52:10
Stephen Farrell wrote:
So while I don't strongly object to these as informational RFCs,
I do wonder why, if only one implementation is ever likely, we
need any RFC at all. Its not like these docs describe something
one couldn't easily figure out were there a need, given that
the (elegant but not especially useful) crypto has been around
for a while without finding any serious applications.
My personal opinion is that Informational documents should have a low bar for publication.

Thus, in the absence of compelling other information (such as a claim that the technology is incompetently described, or can't be implemented from the specs), I'd favour publication.

(That said, the RFC Editor's work on these will cost the IETF a known amount of dollars. The bar shouldn't be TOO low.)

                       Harald