Solutions to the IDN Problems Discussed

2008-11-03 16:02:55
February 2008 I had a dialogue with ICANN about Internationalised Domain Names
/ Internationalized Domain Names and I would like to now make this public on
the IETF mailing list because they mention problems and also possible solutions
for a better way.

- - - - - 1.
Complaint about .ORG Registry IDN - Asian
Tuesday, 19 February, 2008 8:23 AM
From: "linuxa linux" <linuxalinux(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>View contact
details
To: tina(_dot_)dam(_at_)icann(_dot_)org, dam(_at_)icann(_dot_)org,
twomey(_at_)icann(_dot_)org
Cc: pmiller(_at_)pir(_dot_)org

.COM / .NET have for several years had
Internationalised Domain Names for Asian Languages.
.ORG is probably as old a suffix / gTLD as them.
However yesterday I have been told by the .ORG
registry that you appointed for .ORG, that they cannot
give out any time / timeline or even year that they
will implement Internationalised Domain Names for
Asian Languages.  I complain on behalf of myself and
others about this slow way the .ORG registry is
behaving.

Please answer my and others concerns urgently.

Regards

Meeku

RE: Complaint about .ORG Registry IDN - Asian
Tuesday, 19 February, 2008 9:34 AM