Actions after receive ADV with non-zero pri (was RE: tsv-dir review of draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec-02.txt)

2008-11-04 11:39:30
Section 6.4.3, top of page 27.  I think the actions are incorrect.
They are currently:

               @ Cancel Adver_Timer

               @ Recompute the Master_Down_Interval

               @ Set Master_Adver_Interval to Adver Interval contained
               in the ADVERTISEMENT

               @ Set Master_Down_Timer to Master_Down_Interval

               @ Transition to the {Backup} state

I think they should be:

               @ Cancel Adver_Timer

               @ Recompute the Skew_Time

               @ Recompute the Master_Down_Interval

               @ Set Master_Down_Timer to Master_Down_Interval

               @ Transition to the {Backup} state

Ie, it should explicitly say recompute Skew_Time, but more
importantly, the Master_Adver_Internal needs to be set before
computing Master_Down_Interval, otherwise you use the old
(obsolete) value.

Hi Mark,

Makes sense to me.  WG comments please.

Steve