Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-ospf-lls-05.txt

2008-11-05 11:36:34
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-lls-05.txt
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins
Review Date: 2008-11-05
IETF LC End Date: 2008-11-10

Comments:

  The 16-bit LLS Data Length field contains the length (in 32-bit
  words) of the LLS block including the header and payload.
  Implementations MUST NOT use the Length field in the IP packet header
  to determine the length of the LLS data block.

Spencer: I'm not sure this is a 2119 MUST NOT - aren't you just saying that if you try it, you'll fail?

  The CA-TLV MUST only appear once in the the LLS block.  Also, when
  present, this TLV SHOULD be the last TLV in the LLS block.

Spencer: Why SHOULD and not MUST? At a minimum, I would expect to see some description of what should happen if CA-TLV is NOT the last TLV in the LLS block - and if the expectation is that processing continues, I'm not sure what this sentence means...