Re: What Sort Of Jabber Server For IETF Conference?

2008-11-11 12:02:46
On 11/11/08, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im> wrote:
As far as I know it uses the ejabberd codebase.

Thanks! that will help! (I hope)

 > How does one get an account on this jabber server?

You don't. This server is used only to host the chatrooms. You need to
 create an account on one of the public XMPP services to get on the
 network, then join the chatrooms at jabber.ietf.org from your "home"
 account. It's relatively easy to create an IM account at one of the
 public services such as jabber.org (of which I am an admin), Google
 Talk, Live Journal Talk, etc.

So I have a gtalk/ gmail account as you can see from my email. I have
been using gtalk as a testbed and my client sends xmpp messages to
"buddies" on my "buddy list" (or JIDs on my roster?)
Now I wish to send messages to a room like this one for example :
http://jabber.ietf.org/logs/sip/2007-12-05.html

I have invited sip(_at_)jabber(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org and it shows up on my list
as
"invited" but nothing else.
This is from my gtalk interface. Is there something that I am doing
wrong? I should expect to join this chatroom, no? Has anyone done this
using a gmail account?

How do I join this chatroom Sir?

--
Shiraz