[Sip] Last Call: draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework (A Framework for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Policies) to Proposed Standard

2008-11-21 12:29:32
Apologies for the late additional comment on this document.

Based on some earlier comments I made on the SIP list we made the
policyContactURI extensible to allow in the future the possibility to
use other URI schemes for the policy channel other than SIP and SIPS.

I think though that in order to ensure we don't have any future backward
compatibility issues with other URI schemes we need to also include in
the document a statement that UAs that receive policyContactURIs with
URI schemes they don't understand in Policy-Contact headers must ignore
those policyContactURIs.

Andrew Allen

Manager Standards

Research In Motion Ltd

Office +1 847-793-0861 x20824

BlackBerry Mobile +1 847 809 8636

http://www.rim.com/ <http://www.rim.com/>

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.