Re: [tsv-dir] tsv-dir review of draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-06.txt

2008-12-01 06:12:39
On 1 Dec 2008, at 11:06, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
Hesham Soliman skrev:
Thanks Colin,

I agree with your rationale but I wonder if we need to support every broken device out there. In any case, if we have to, I prefer to require encryption than to add the XORED address option. I'd like to hear what people in MEXT think about this, comments from MEXT?

I don't think we should go to far to correct this bug in
implementations. My understanding is that this have been observed but is not a common behavior as these generic ALGs do break things randomly and horribly. I would only do something about if it has no minimal impact on the specification and any deployed implementations. Otherwise the fix is
likely to cause more grief than the few devices that are broken.

Right - the issue should be documented, and if there is a trivial fix it should be recommended, but this isn't a big issue.

--
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/