Re: The internet architecture

2008-12-05 13:06:32
On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 08:46:48AM -0800, Dave CROCKER wrote:
John Day wrote:
discussed since 1972.  But you are correct, that there were still a large
unwashed that didn't and I am still not sure why that was. This seems to

After your or I or whoever indulges in our flash of brilliant insight, it
is the unwashed who do all the work.

I'm assuming you are using the term 'unwashed' to refer to the simple
act of bathing, rather than as in my background I understand it as a
metaphor for Christian baptism.

Surely neither Mr. Crocker nor Mr. Day are referring to IETF baptismal
practices?

Could either of you two elaborate on why you think that bathing (or
the evident lack thereof) is at all relevant to Internet standards?

I'm aware that in the ~400AD's there was actually quite a lot of
(religio) philosophical debate over the practice of bathing (which I
rather would think we'd put behind us after 1600 years), but I've
never heard it said that good engineers do (or don't) bathe.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?  https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/