Re: IPR Questions Raised by Sam Hartman at the IETF 73 Plenary

2008-12-12 15:13:38

> ... the Trustees now believe that it is reasonable
> to [re] impose a deadline that gives the community two working
> days (it is already well into December 12 in much of the world)
> to modify and update tools to incorporate the new boilerplate.

They gave one working day of notice that they expected the tools to be
updated to begin accepting the new boilerplate last month, so this
notification is at least twice as reasonable.

I do not understand these comments. The Trustees are simply implementing the policy in RFC 5378 and the guidance given to them in RFC 5377. The only change to the boilerplate is the one that was already announced. The old boilerplate will no longer be accepted as of 16 December 2008, which is the same schedule that was announced earlier.

Russ