Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your review and comments on aproposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

2009-01-11 21:42:28
This has been an interesting (at times) philosophical discussion. However, as editor of a WG Internet-Draft, I have a couple of very pragmatic questions that I hope someone can answer authoritatively:

1. What do I, as editor of an I-D and previously editor of a related RFC that is not quoted in the current I-D, need to do in order to allow the WG chairs to move my draft forward into IETF Last Call?

2. What do the co-editors of the WG's other I-D, who were previously also the co-editors of a related RFC that *is* quoted in the current I-D, and at least one of whom has co-authored other RFCs, need to do to allow the WG chairs to move *their* draft forward into IETF Last Call?

Our WG has stalled due to the uncertainty surrounding the legal requirements and verbiage. None of us are attorneys, AFAIK, but all of us would like to get our work done.

http://www.ewellic.org