Re: [Trustees] ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your review and comments on a proposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

2009-01-21 07:40:19

On Jan 21, 2009, at 2:58 AM, Dean Willis wrote:

On Jan 12, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

The RFC Editor is asking the authors. That is the list of people that is readily available. If the authors cannot speak for all Contributors, then the document will have to wait until a work- around is found.

Given that we've historically weeded out the contributor-list on a document to "four or less", even if there were really dozens of "contributors" at the alleged insistence of the RFC Editor, I don't see how any older document or even a majority of new documents-in- progress could be adapted to the new rules.

This appears to require complete abandonment of all previous works and "clean room" rewrites under the new terms.

Even in this worse case scenario (which clearly won't be true in all cases), I think that that is only true for documents that need to be
licensed outside of the IETF process.

Regards
Marshall

--