Re: Last Call: draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered (Extending ICMP for Interface and Next-hop Identification) to Proposed Standard

2009-01-13 06:15:49
An IPR declaration [1] was recently filed for this draft. This happened when the INTAREA working group had already passed the draft onwards and I had initiated the IETF Last Call; the existence of the IPR was a surprise. The IPR is not necessarily a problem, but I think it is fair to take the draft back to the WG so that the matter can be considered again in the light of all information that we now have.

As a result, I am terminating the Last Call and sending the draft back to the INTAREA working group. A separate WG Last Call will be initiated later.

Jari

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1065/