Re: [Trustees] ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your reviewandcomments on a proposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

2009-01-13 04:38:43
Martin Duerst wrote:
Re. pre-5378 vs. post-5378 material, please note that in many
cases, an RFC may be post-5378, but the Internet-Drafts having
lead up to it may be pre-5378, or the lastest available Internet-
Draft may be post-5378, but earlier ones may be pre-5378.
In other words, just looking at things at the RFC level is not
enough. That may be obvious to many, just wanted to make sure
it doesn't get forgotten.

Regards,    Martin.

In particular, at the moment the RFC was published, the whole issue we're discussing here may not have been known. Certainly my co-authors and myself weren't aware of it when we approved publication of RFC 5323.

Best regards, Julian