Re: Last Call: draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf (Reduced Backus-Naur Form(RBNF) A Syntax Used in Various Protocol Specification toProposed Standard

2009-02-05 15:50:05
Thanks John,

It looks to me from your mail that we are in partially violent agreement.

Certainly that this form of BNF needs to be documented.
Also that the Applicability text I have added "will do."

We have two open issues:
- Use of 2119 language
- Standards Track or Informational

On the first, I take your point and am uncomfortable about using 2119 for what is not a protocol spec. Experience seems to be, however, it helps readers to understand that a rule is a rule.

On the second, I would like to defer to the IESG. I will raise it with the sponsoring AD (Ross) and get them to discuss it when they process the I-D.

Cheers,
Adrian