Writeup (not) [Re: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt to Proposed Standard]

2009-02-11 16:50:48
On 2009-02-12 08:09, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
P.S. I've read the IPR dlsclosure and the patents claims, but what would
be useful to see is the document shepard writeup. Are those available
somewhere
online?  If they are I don't know where to find them and I was unable
to coerce The Google into dilvulging their location.

For current drafts you should be able to find them via the I-D tracker
history. As far as I can see, this is not the case for this draft. It
was first reviewed by the IESG in May/June 2006, and I think that we
weren't yet putting shepherd writeups in the tracker then. In fact,
there probably wasn't a formal shepherd at that time, for any individual
submission. RFC4858 was not yet out. And of course all that was before
the first IPR disclosure.

    Brian

P.S. It's quite amusing that the tracker (in its public version)
still shows the IESG ballot as it stood in June 2006.