Re: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt to Proposed Standard

2009-02-11 18:15:09

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Aaron Williamson wrote:

ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
I completely disagree with this assessment. The points you mention are quite
specifically talking about Agreements, not certificates.

Yes, this is obviously right, "Agreements" are not certificates.  But I don't
think it's clear that storing Agreements covers only "a fairly specific set of

Hmmmm, my interpretation would be that a certificate is in fact documentation of an agreement between the CA and the owner/user of the cert. I see no distinction between 'agreements' and 'certificates' in this context.

David Morris