Comment on proposed patent-encumbered TLS authorization standard

2009-02-11 17:22:09
I am writing to express my strong opposition to the patent-encumbered standard
for TLS authorization.  Open, patent-free standards are vital to the continued
health of the software engineering community as a whole.  Any successful
attempt to surreptitiously inject patent-encumbered standards into that
eco-system would have a negative impact on future software development.  I
strongly urge the IETF to reject all attempts to compromise current and
proposed open standards with patent-encumbered protocols.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to supporting future IETF efforts
to ensure the free and open exchange of ideas and information through the use
of truly open, patent-free standards and protocols.