Please reject Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Extensions

2009-02-11 17:22:57
Hello,

I am writing this email to request that the IETF reject the Transport Layer
Security (TLS) Authorization Extensions (draft-housley-tls-authz-extns) as a
proposed standard. The licensing declaration from RedPhone provides caveats
that I believe leave opportunity for future claims against users of software
based on these extensions.

If the patent threat is entirely removed and a royalty free license is made
available without restriction for all users and developers, I would be happy to
revoke my request.

peace,
Nolan Andres
President, PeaceWorks Computer Consulting Inc.
205-55 Erb St. E., Waterloo, ON, N2J 4K8
t: 519.725.7875  c: 519.572.0659