Re: IETF and open source license compatibility

2009-02-12 17:37:59

    For short excerpts, one can use the text anyway and claim "fair use",
    but larger excerpts can be useful to quote in comments or documentation
    and then there is a problem.

This whole line of reasoning does reminds me of stories about camels
jumping through eyse in needles, numbers of angels dancing of
pinheads and similar metaphores.

There is free/open source software distributed for 20 years or more
and all relevated RFCs are included in the resolution as well. I'm not
aware that the IETF ever protested against this practice.

        jaap