Re: please do not publish draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2009-02-12 19:40:36

In message <20090211233244(_dot_)GA23152(_at_)localdomain>, Ward Vandewege
writes:
Hi Noel,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 05:39:19PM -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:
Thank you for being part of a crowd of hundreds of people who have mailbomb
ed
the mailboxes of thousands of IETF 'members' (since we don't have any forma
membership, just an email list). As a result, we all have such positive
feeling about the FSF.

I appreciate that's a problem. However, maybe that's a sign that perhaps next
time the IETF shouldn't *ask* for comments to be sent to the mailing list?

  The IESG is considering approving this draft as a standards track
  RFC. The IESG solicits final comments on whether the IETF community has
  consensus to publish draft-housley-tls-authz-extns as a proposed
  standard. Comments can be sent to ietf at ietf.org or exceptionally to
  iesg at ietf.org. Comments should be sent by 2009-02-11.

That's from

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg05617.html

We all did exactly as you asked. If that caused problems, please consider
creating a separate mechanism for comments next time. But don't blame people
for following your guidelines. That's just silly.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
JHV Consulting USA
Colocation, dedicated and virtual servers, hosting

        The message was sent to the "IETF community" for comment.
        It wasn't sent to the public for comment.  It didn't request
        comments from the public.

        Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews(_at_)isc(_dot_)org