Identity Services Beyond Web SSO (was RE: [TLS] TLS WG Chair Comments on draft-ietf-tls-authz-07)

2009-03-02 05:29:47
Hi Hannes,

Hans wrote:
Josh wrote:
Hans wrote:
Josh wrote:
I have a long list of applications, collected from within this
community, with which they would like to use SAML-based
authorisation;

Interesting. Any interest to share it with us?

I'm in the process of trying to flesh it out at the moment, in
a collaboration with some of the communities concerned, so
that we can articulate some concrete use-cases. At the moment
the list covers pretty much everything that is presently used
in an Inter-Institutional context (AFS, SSH, VNC, RDP, SIP,
SMTP, NEA, ...).

Looking forward to see more about it.

http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-emc2/beyond_web/index.html

"The European academic community has found many use cases for federated
digital identity in applications other than those accessible through a
web browser. Going beyond the browser limits constitutes a fundamental
requirement to fulfill the promise of Identity Management in simplifying
service administrators' tasks and enhancing the user experience."

All are welcome to participate providing there's an R&E angle, however
flimsy and contrived ;-)

best regards, josh.