Re: LISP: update to charter in external review

2009-03-30 02:43:33
Sam Hartman skrev:
I'd like to present the following revised charter to the community
(and with Jari's approval) to the IESG for review.  This charter
represents discussion on the LISP list and in the LISP session at IETF
74.
Sam,

thanks for the update - this is the first I've seen on the IETF list about LISP for a while, so I assume that it's appropriate to continue discussion there at this time; I'm not a member of the LISP list.

One point of clarification: Is it the intent of the LISP WG that "IP" in this proposed charter text should be read as "IPv4 or IPv6"?

My understanding (seen from a VERY long distance) is that the routing scaling problems are substantially the same for both dialects of IP, and that initial efforts have focused on encapsulating either, with the initial experiments using IPv4 as the encapsulating protocol.

Is this understanding correct?

               Harald

IPv6: When four billion is a small number.