Re: Problems accessing www.ietf.org over IPv6

2009-03-30 18:02:06
Do you have a host-based firewall running?  ip6tables perhaps?

ip6tables -L

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Corporation
e) mailto:john_brzozowski(_at_)cable(_dot_)comcast(_dot_)com
m) 609-377-6594

From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm-ietf(_at_)htt-consult(_dot_)com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:56:50 -0400
To: "ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Problems accessing www.ietf.org over IPv6

I have a /48 native IPv6 prefix routed to my home lab.

I come back from IETF, and Firefox 3.0.6 is hanging accessing
www.ietf.org on my duo-stack Centos 5.2 laptop.

I do a ping6 and can get to www.ietf.org, so it is not a routing
problem.  I run wireshark and I see IPv4 and IPv6 tcp sessions.

In the end I have to disable IPv6 in Firefox to get to the ietf home
page.  Doesn't see right, I had no trouble with this at the meeting and
all I did was suspend my system to go home.  I rebooted here (horrors,
rebooting a Linux system) jsut to see if there was something hanging
around from ietf.