Re: jabber logs into working group mailing list archives?

2009-04-01 10:53:35

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
It occurs to me that we should try to fold them into the regular email archive,
perhaps simply by sending the wg mailing list a copy afterwards?

I would like to see this, and if we expect it to happen, I'd suggest automating it. Should be simple enough (assume IETF Plenary goes to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, and there probably are some other corner cases to consider before implementing).

Having it be fully automated would indeed be very nice.

My only caveat is that the current jabber logs include entries for days where nothing happened - both zero-byte entries and "Dan York entered the room", to mention one entry in recent mediactrl logs.

If there is a tradeoff between having the submission be automated versus having a submission per day, with all but one being empty, I'd prefer the automation:

1. This is about reliability and it's a lot better to take humans out of the action sequence.

2. The overhead to the mailing list recipients of getting an IETF week daily posting of empty jabber scripts would be a lot lower than the postings from some active mailing list participants with far less positive value add...

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking