Re: jabber logs into working group mailing list archives?

2009-04-01 12:21:30
if `egrep -v 'joins the room|leaves the room' log | wc -l` > 0
        post log

Translation: if, after removing the "joins the room" and "leaves the
room" messages are removed, you wind up with anything left, post the
log. This would eliminate almost all of the logs that have no
substantive information.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
IETF meeting jabber sessions often hold some very useful gems.  And at
their
worst, each one isn't all that big.

It occurs to me that we should try to fold them into the regular email
archive,
perhaps simply by sending the wg mailing list a copy afterwards?

I would like to see this, and if we expect it to happen, I'd suggest
automating it. Should be simple enough (assume IETF Plenary goes to
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, and there probably are some other corner cases to
consider before implementing).

My only caveat is that the current jabber logs include entries for days
where nothing happened - both zero-byte entries and "Dan York entered
the room", to mention one entry in recent mediactrl logs.

I'd suggest a minimum size for this - not huge, maybe 1000 bytes? - if
we get serious about doing it.

Ripping out the "entered"/"left" entries would be nice, but that's the
next level.

Thanks,

Spencer