Re: IETF NomCom Changes Discussion

2009-04-01 13:12:52
I believe the hum was about "lobbying" behavior of the candidates on the open list toward NomCom and the rest of the community.

Russ

At 12:38 PM 4/1/2009, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
Hi, Russ,

I may have misunderstood (I was presenting, so not taking good notes during the NomCom discussions), but I'm looking at

   Russ asks who believes that we need to do anything that
   describes what is acceptable NomCom behaviour.

   many hums

   Russ asks who doesn't believe this is necessary?

   a few more hums

and remembering that this part of the conversation was about behavior beyond the NomCom (lobbying, etc) - behavior of nominees, behavior of people who have opinions about the people on the nominee list, etc.

This was certainly my understanding from Leslie's post on "openlist", on the NomCom mailing list.

Should I go listen to the audio?

Thanks,

Spencer

Several changes to the NomCom process were discussed during the plenary
session last Wednesday.  The minutes have been posted so that anyone that
was not at the plenary session can catch up.  The minutes can be found
here:

   http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/09mar/minutes/plenaryw.txt

The discussion will continue on the ietf-nomcom(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mail list.

Thanks,
 Russ