Re: IETF NomCom Changes Discussion

2009-04-01 23:21:57
yeah, that's the 3777bis-ish change ;-)

Spencer

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:34 AM, ext Spencer Dawkins wrote:

Your memory matches mine. Do the notes need to reflect "nominee" behavior, instead of "NomCom" behavior?

Just to make sure we're on the same page ... Joel reminded me after I'd already submitted a couple of versions of openlist that you're a nominee if NomCom is considering you, a candidate if NomCom is submitting you to a confirming body, and a successful candidate if the confirming body confirms you - so I'm assuming that you meant "nominee" in your post. Please let me know if you meant "candidate", of course.

From 3777 Section 2:

 candidate: A nominee who has been selected to be considered for
    confirmation by a confirming body.

 confirmed candidate: A candidate that has been reviewed and approved
    by a confirming body.

 nominee: A person who is being or has been considered for one or more
    open positions of the IESG or IAB.

or IAOC.

Bob