Re: [Gen-art] [mif] [dhcwg] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dhc-container-00

2009-04-21 12:43:21
Excerpts from Giyeong Son on Mon, Apr 20, 2009 11:35:14AM -0400:
For instance, for a dual-mode device at home with WiFi and IP over
cellular available (e.g. CDMA, GPRS/EDGE, etc), combination of
various network characteristics in it would be the major factors to
determine either WiFi or cellular for packet transmission. My point
here is how to present those factors into the routing policy in
order to determine a suitable interface with the type of *DATA or
PACKET* for the transmission would be one of  the important
technical side to be discussed in terms of simultaneous use of
multiple interfaces.

I think it's partially in scope.  I think of MIF as figuring out how
to resolve conflicts or gaps in information and storing information in
a way that it can be useful to forwarding.  It does not cover how
forwarding would actually use that information.