Re: Beyond reproach, accountability and regulation

2009-04-29 00:04:13
Bernard Aboba wrote:
Here is a dictionary definition of "Beyond reproach":

Beyond reproach:  So good as to preclude any possibility of criticism.

Last time I looked, RFC 3777 did not include this definition as a
requirement for the nomcom in selection of I* candidates.

Good thing, too.  We seem to have "gotten by" with candidates with
occasional imperfections over the years.

One might also simply conclude that that the statement that an
individual was beyond reproach was baseless or rooted in hyperbole
rather than on some epistemological fallacy that asserts that there
exist individuals who are beyond reproach.