Re: Security of BGP Re: Status of the 16-bit AS Number space

2009-05-15 12:12:07
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Steven M. Bellovin
<smb(_at_)cs(_dot_)columbia(_dot_)edu> wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2009 15:42:26 -0400

When you do run an ISP, let me know how well that actually works.

Well one thing my approach would be a lot less good at would be
forcing upgrades to ludicrously expensive routers.

If I am reading an engineering document that proposes taking a $3/4
million piece of equipment that is highly specialized to one
particular function (routing) and it is claimed that the inability of
this specialized equipment to deal with an entirely different task
(routing data validation) is a barrier to deployment, then either the
document does not describe actual practice or there is some other
reason that actual practice is to do something so peculiar.

--
New Website: http://hallambaker.com/
View Quantum of Stupid podcasts, Tuesday and Thursday each week,