Re: DNS over SCTP

2009-05-30 16:32:37
 In your previous mail you wrote:

=> I keep this because your answer is not about this...

   > I don't understand your argument: it seems to apply to UDP over SCTP
   > but here we have SCTP over UDP.  BTW the easiest way to convert DNS
   > over UDP into DNS over SCTP is to use an ALG (application layer
   > gateway) which in the DNS is known as a caching server (such servers
   > are already used to provide IPv4/IPv6 transport conversion).

   The goal is to apply the SCTP protocol as a means to better protect
   DNS from source spoofing, resource exhaustion, reflected attack
   exploitation, and increased latency.

=> not only this is very arguable (for instance about the resource
exhaustion) but no hop-by-hop/channel security, even something as
strong as TSIG, can provide what we need, i.e., end-to-end/object
security (*).

Regards

Francis(_dot_)Dupont(_at_)fdupont(_dot_)fr

PS (*): I use the common meaning of end-to-end, not Masataka Ohta's one.