Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

2009-06-08 05:26:24
Andrew Sullivan <ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com> writes:

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:10:55AM +0900, Masataka Ohta wrote:

In general, registries welcome DNSSEC, no matter how secure it is,
as long as its complicated operation works as an excuse to increase
(or not to reduce) registration charge and registries' revenue.

That is a serious charge.  I've seen no evidence that DNSSEC
represents a revenue opportunity for registries.  On the contrary, so
far as I've seen, most registries are introducing it without any fee,
even though it represents a substantial additional operational cost.

The organization operating .SE charges for DNSSEC.  According to [1] it
costs 250 SEK annually (~22 EUR or ~30 USD) extra per year to protect a
domain name with DNSSEC.

/Simon

[1] http://www.iis.se/docs/se-dnssec_-_broschyr_eng_ny_.pdf