Draft's URL missing from New Version Notifications (was: Re: [Asrg] Soundness of silence

2009-06-16 10:40:36
Wouldn't the tool add the complete URL, please?

Fearghas McKay wrote:
On 16 Jun 2009, at 12:28, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
Someone suggested I should also have posted an URL. Those are just practical issues.

Yes a practical issue if you want people to comment on your Draft - make it easy for them to grab it and read it, otherwise it will disappear into the 'waiting for time to search for it, download and then review it' pool of things to do.

I assume most people on this list knows the base URL of the drafts repository, which is why the I-D submission tool only mails out the filename.

And der Mouse wrote:
Someone suggested I should also have posted an URL.  Those are just
practical issues.

Perhaps, but they are very relevant when addressing the question of
"why did my note generate no traffic?".  Every additional barrier that
makes it harder - even a little harder - for people will reduce the
response.

By the same laziness, many authors just forward the New Version Notification to the relevant discussion list.