Re: RFC archival format, was: Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-03 11:08:08
As always when this discussion occurs, there are at least three different issues swirling around:

1.  ASCII-only vs. UTF-8
2. Plain text vs. higher-level formatting, for text flow and readability
3.  Whether it is a good idea to include high-quality pictures in RFCs

There are not the same issue, and it would help combatants on both sides not to mix them up.

I don't know where the argument "don't help authors prepare I-Ds using the tools of their choice, unless they are open-source" fits into this picture.

http://www.ewellic.org