Re: Avoid unknown code sources (was: Re: RFC archival format)

2009-07-09 04:23:35
On 9 jul 2009, at 1:56, Douglas Otis wrote:

The concern was voiced in opposition to suggestions for using Word input files as a means to generate inputs for I-D or RFC generation utilities.

Nobody suggested that.

I said that it would be useful to be able to use a "standard issue" word processor to write drafts. As I explained in a subsequent message, what I meant by that is any word processor that can generate a document with styles. Word is one of those word processors, but certainly not the only one, and you'll never hear me recommend Word for anything.