Re: [rfc-i] Objection to reworked para 6.d (Re: Rationale for Proposed TLP Revisions)

2009-07-20 05:12:05
Harald Alvestrand wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to understand whether this change affects me.

So...

1) Many specs I'm editor of contain ABNF. Does it need to be labeled as code component (I believe not).

2) These specs also collect all ABNF fragments into an appendix, containing the collected ABNF. Does that appendix need to contain the BSD license text (I believe not, but heard from colleagues that their docs are blocked because they do not).

3) If I *extract* ABNF from these documents (such as for the purpose of generating an input file for an ABNF parser), do I need to include the BSD license text? If so, can somebody explain how to do that given the constraints of the ABNF syntax?

Best regards, Julian