Re: [Trustees] Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions(TLP)

2009-07-20 04:33:53
John,

   * There is, as far as I know, no precedent for an
   IETF-related body to announce a public comment period on a
   document, make a series of "interim decisions" and announce
   them five days before the end of that period, and then leave
   the comment period termination date in place rather than
   restarting the review on the revised document.

For a purely practical point of view:  When I'm asked to review a document,
and before I start, the author realizes that a section needs to be modified, then this is something I'd like to know. That saves me the time to review
something that is known to be changed anyway.

In WGLCs, this happens all the time.  Comments are made, authors acknowledge
them and promise a new version.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746