Re: Review of draft-ietf-webdav-bind-25 ("Binding Extensions to WebDAV")

2009-07-23 13:51:50
Hi Angela,

thanks for the feedback. Comments inline:

Angela Schreiber wrote:
Editorial Comments:

- 2.2. URI Mappings Created by a new Binding
  I have the impression that there is a typo:

  "Note that if R is a collection, additional URI mappings are created
   to the descendents of R."
  ->
  "Note that if R is a collection, additional URI mappings are created
   to the descendants of R."

My spell checker says both is OK in en-US, in doubt, the RFC Editor will fix this.

- The document uses both 'behavior' and 'behaviour'.
  I am not sure whether the document prefers British over American
  english spelling. My impression is that both spellings occur (e.g.
  internationalization, marshalling, signalled and behaviour/behavior)
  ... but I'm not a native speaker.

In my working copy, I changed the text to consistently use the US spelling (note that it's not clear that we will submit a new draft before it gets onto the IESG agenda, in which case, again, it would be up to the RFC Editor to fix this).

- The examples with 'CollY' (or any other characters following 'Coll')
  would be easier to read for me if it was written 'CollectionY'.

I see your point, but making the example paths longer would cause problems with the width of the artwork in the examples (which is restricted to 72 characters because of the text format). Thus we have chosen to use a consistent and short naming scheme.

Best regards, Julian