anchor parameter, was: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

2009-08-02 03:19:59
Ian Hickson wrote:
Unless there are really strong use cases, I think that the anchor= attribute should be dropped. In practice, implementations today ignore that attribute, which would mean that, e.g., a rel=stylesheet;anchor=a link would fail to have the "right" effect. If it is kept, then the right behaviour for how this should integrate with style sheet linking should be defined in great detail.

Could you please elaborate what the "right" effect is, and how current implementations fail for that?

It appears to me that anchor is not relevant for every single link relation, but that doesn't mean it's not useful at all.

BR, Julian