Re: IETF74 T-Shirt Art Donated to IETF Trust

2009-08-03 08:17:25
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 10:09:56AM +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:

Hmmm... That depends on what you think the shirt means. You imply it
means participation - and I'll vocally resist any definition of
participation which mandates attendance as a part of participation,
since you're implicitly devaluing my participation to somewhere close
to zero - I'll admit I'm no Crocker, Klensin, or Postel, but I
believe my participation is somewhat higher than might be implied by
only having two shirts. (Paris and Prague, if anyone's counting).

I have another scenario for draft-ietf-more-t-shirts-please, which is the
much loved but heavily faded or worn t-shirt.   I really liked my IETF55
sports-style Nokia IPv6 shirt, but it's now relegated to gardening duty.
A chance to get a new version would be awesome, and while I doubt we'll
do backdated t-shirts, I can imagine the IETF74 shirt we have 'source'
for being similarly desirable in five years time.

I agree the income to the IETF will not exactly be huge, but more people
being seen in IETF shirts is no bad thing for awareness.   Often seeing
someone else in a past IETF shirt invites a conversation that would never
happen otherwise.

I also think there's room for non-event shirts, like the IETF(_at_)20 one.

And these t-shirts don't have to be fascimiles - I would be quite happy to
order t-shirts in different colours, or even as a polo shirt or in 'female
tee' form for a partner.   If the IETF chooses to use an appropriate
t-shirt company, that sort of bespoke ordering should be possible.

Of course I realise this is all work for someone, and there are bigger fish
to fry.   I would be happy to spend some cycles helping out if volunteers
are needed.

--
Tim