Re: IETF74 T-Shirt Art Donated to IETF Trust

2009-08-03 09:36:28
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 01:16:17PM +0100, Tim Chown wrote:

I have another scenario for draft-ietf-more-t-shirts-please, which is the
much loved but heavily faded or worn t-shirt.   I really liked my IETF55
sports-style Nokia IPv6 shirt, but it's now relegated to gardening duty.
A chance to get a new version would be awesome, and while I doubt we'll
do backdated t-shirts, I can imagine the IETF74 shirt we have 'source'
for being similarly desirable in five years time.

I agree the income to the IETF will not exactly be huge, but more people
being seen in IETF shirts is no bad thing for awareness.   Often seeing
someone else in a past IETF shirt invites a conversation that would never
happen otherwise.

The T-shirt I'd really like to get a reprint of is the "Story of the
Mighty Vasa --- Another Failure of the Seven Layer Model" T-shirt ---
which I think was an IETF shirt, but am not completely certain.

There are companies, such as CafePress.com, that will do on-demand
T-shirts, and even return a small design royalty to the
company/organization that created the design.  So something like that
is quite possible; finding the volunteers to organize getting the
rights to the design is probably the hardest part of the exercise (and
yes, the amount of money returned to the IETF would be small, and not
worth doing for that reason alone).

                                        - Ted