Re: Proposed Policy for Modifications to Trust Legal Provisions (TLP)

2009-08-17 13:50:16
Marshall Eubanks a écrit :

Emergencies.  An emergency is defined as "there is a problem with the
  TLP that is likely to be abused".  In these cases, the trust can publish
  a modified text for a 2 week review period, then modify the TLP.  The
  Trust must explain the reason for the change.

I have a hard time thinking of an emergency that can be fixed by a
timely change in the TLP which would likely require a lot of heavy legal
advice and related work and coordination. Changes in policies may have
important impacts over time that would probably require enough time to
review. To me, the TLP should be a pretty stable document.

However, I might think of an emergency for a immediate legal action, but
not sure about an emergency change in the TLP.

I guess I need to be educated on the use case for the emergency track.

Marc.

--
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca